Three day weekend in frigid NYC and the last day off until Memorial Day. I filled the weekend with quality girl time, sangria, showtunes, sad movies and deep thoughts.
As someone who now has hobbies, I decided to take a break from the thoughts and take my cooking to the next level tonight and make some home made ghee. Ghee is something I found on the 2nd whole30 but is really expensive.
After reading how easy it is to make it surprises me how expensive it is.
Step 1 - cube the butter, I used Kerrygold as the quality of dairy and meat is important to me:
Step 2 - boil on medium to low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occassionally.
Step 3 - after the butter foams for a second time and you start to see red bits it's done and you let it cool
Step 4 - strain through a mesh strainer with cheese cloth
You are left with delicious ghee to make veggies, eggs and other foods yummy.





No comments:
Post a Comment