"A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you. – Elbert Hubbard"
Thank you to the ATL airport for the free wifi currently being used to type this post. I am currently waiting for the flight back to New York, after a long weekend with my girlfriends from business school. I have known these ladies since 2008 and our friendship continues to grow as the years progress. Annually we meet in Atlanta for a girls trip to Allison's lake house at Lake Rabun. Rain or shine this is an extremely relaxing place that allows us to bond and recharge without the distractions of modern technology for better or worse. You will not see a lot of food pictures in this post as there were some healthy choices but there was also a lot of off-roading of the healthy eating this weekend.
Before heading out to the Lake this year, Allison and I hit up Crossfit North Atlanta for a pre-vacation WOD. Allison and I have done 3 drop ins together since I have been doing Crossfit, 2 out of the 3 were "Elizabeth" which consists of:
Elizabeth
21-15-09
Cleans
Ring Dips
Allison has been a real inspiration throughout this process, she went through her own healthy journey a few years ago and is an excellent support as I navigate this process.
Allison has been a real inspiration throughout this process, she went through her own healthy journey a few years ago and is an excellent support as I navigate this process.
This was a typical suburban Crossfit, lots of space, no AC, small group of people and of course TIRES! I enjoyed the workout and loved how friendly everyone was. Elizabeth on paper seems easy enough as there is no running or burpees but it was as challenging as any of the ladies workouts. Doing crossfit in Atlanta without AC is extremely HOT and HUMID.
After the workout Allison and I took a quick photo to mark progress. I hit my 20 pounds lost mini goal this week so though a progress photo was in order. Still a long road ahead but losing 20 pounds makes me feel good on so many levels. It is so hot in Atlanta not sure this was the best outfit for the humidity but at least it was wicking material.
After the workout we hit the road for the lake. We had a new addition this year, Jane Kratz (Julie's daughter) joined us for the weekend. She is 6 months of jam packed adorableness. Allison's mother was a saint in terms of watching her while the four of us were out on the boat catching up.
View from my room at the house. Even when it's not super sunny, it's so peaceful.
Julie and Sophie after a few adult beverages on the Pontoon boat.
Captain Allie drives the boat. Allison's family goes out of their way to make sure we have an excellent weekend. Her parents are very sweet and seem so happy to have us.
Action shot of me driving the Pontoon, despite always wanting to be next to me during the weekend Summer (the dog) was not pleased to be posing for this photo. The girls were imagining this as my online dating profile picture - girl who seems adventurous, loves dogs (hmmm), drinks beer (hmmm)...well anyway it's a good shot regardless.
Boat selfies are my favorite past time at the lake.
Sophie torturing Summer out on the mastercraft boat.
Baby Jane wondering where her routine went and why these four girls are so loud and alcohol filled. I bought this dress I was excited to see her wearing it.
Great weekend was had by all, I definitely ate waaaay too much cheese and pita chips. My stomach will forgive me soon hopefully. I enjoyed seeing the girls and catching up on career and life. Going through b-school with the three girls below gives us a life long bond.
I did a mini food prep when I got home. As I reflect on the weekend and all the eating choices I made I also feel proud that I am now someone who happily works out on vacation and cooks food for the week upon my return.
No comments:
Post a Comment