"It's OK to have your eggs in one basket as long as you control what happens to that basket." - Elon Musk
Having a few days off work (2 weeks but who's counting) I have been experimenting and cooking quite a bit. Today I made poached eggs my favorite and since I never knew how to make them, I thought I would share this knowledge with all of you.
Bebo Kelly Cooking up some treats
Anyway back to the eggs. First step put bacon in a pan and cook it. Add cut up veggies and saute. I prefer mushrooms, peppers, sweet potatoes and onions. However you can use whatever you have on hand, like spinach.
Step 2 - fill a pot with water, add 2 tablespoons of white vinegar and salt and bring to a boil
Step 3 - crack an egg in to a little bowl
Step 4 - Stir the boiling water and drop the egg in and turn off the heat. Set a timer for 3 minutes and cover the pot.
Step 5 - Remove the egg from the water with a slotted spoon to drain the water and enjoy the runny eggy goodness.


No comments:
Post a Comment