Sunday, January 4, 2015

4 Days down nom nom nom

"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

The holiday vacation is quickly coming to a close.  Tomorrow I will head to the office tomorrow where my stress levels will likely sky rocket. I did not make a New Years resolution for 2015 but I will be continuing my journey to be stronger, happier and healthier.

To kick off the year I am attempting to complete my second whole30, accompanied by #CFNYC my crossfit box, Bart #thisguy, Allison #AHardy (on a role?) and thousands of others who I see #whole30 on twitter, insta and Facebook. When I did my first whole30 last year I did it with a small group of people including Allison but it was nothing like doing it in January. 

I am on day 4 and I am enjoying all the additional support, seeing the posts from my crossfit community and cooking with and for someone is helpful to stay on track.

Crossfit gym

#thisguy

Allie's on the left my friend from bschool and the inspiration for the first whole30.

I am still in the mode of trying to cook with a new item each week. This week I tried leeks for the first time.

I almost purchased fennel by accident, but quickly realized (thanks to my shopping companion and google)in the busy produce section that the above are leeks not the below which is fennel. Common mistake? Not sure but seemed confusing enough to me.




I have been eating food from a lot of different books and sites lately but my two favorites are:

Christmas gift from my sister 



The leeks with some broccoli and coconut milk produced a delicious curried broccoli soup.  I don't find soup enough for a whole meal on it's own but it's a good side dish. Especially delicious on a cold day.


In addition to the soup, eggs several ways, sweet potato hash, veggie noodles and meatballs, fried cauliflower rice and Kalua pork. I have been off work so have had a lot of time on my hands but the below should show that there is no boredom on whole30. 


Quickly becoming a favorite is the Everyday Paleo Creamy Mushroom Chicken shown below. This continues to impress me with how easy it is and how good it tastes it's the perfect thing when you are craving saucy goodness.


Back to work tomorrow and on to day 5. Good luck to those who are starting their whole30 tomorrow each day gets easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment