Monday, June 30, 2014

Dead-lift Faster.....What?

“The best activities for your health are pumping and humping.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

I chuckled a little when I found that quote from Arnold, there is a 13 year old boy alive and well in all of us. This past Friday I slipped in a quick Crossfit workout after my half day Friday at work. Working out during the day is less crowded at the box and there are different people to meet and socialize with.  The skill work of Friday's workout was my favorite lift Pressing, and I was excited to do it.  What I was nervous about was the part B of the workout which was dead lifting and box Jumps.  I am new to lifting, I personally love it and it has been hugely positive on my mind and body.  I am always a bit nervous (and excited) when I dead-lift but I don't ever do it quickly, it's always deliberate and with the best form possible.  I have done other lifting at a fast pace, earlier last week I did Cleans for speed but never expected Dead-lifts for Speed.  There are apparently a lot of reasons to dead lift for speed that I have heard from fellow lifters (non-Crossfit peeps) and my own Google search.  I can honestly say, I have found a part of Crossfit I don't enjoy and I will do much lighter weight next time anything like this is on the schedule. I love dead-lifting it is easily my 2nd favorite lift but being barked at to go faster while dead-lifting is unfortunate.  


 A. Push Press 5×2

B. With a partner, complete 60-50-40 reps for time, alternating movements every 5 reps (Each person completes 75 reps of deadlifts and box jumps.):
Deadlifts (135/95)
Box Jumps (24/20)
C. Max Bar Hang for Time

I follow quite a few health instagrammers and I often see the quote below.

If that is the case than why does Tabata Plank exist?  It is over 30 days since the Whole30 ended and I have been maintaining healthy eating.  It becomes easier and easier to turn down pizza, baked ziti and Italian cookies knowing that I just feel awful after I eat it.  It is still much easier to cook my own food, and I find bringing food places is becoming much easier as the more results I see the less people question the process,  This week I have received a few compliments from people in my life, and if I am being completely honest when people notice it makes it ALL worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment