Post Whole30, my seasonal allergies have not been as severe as they were prior to it. This gave me a brilliant idea to start reintroducing shellfish in to my diet. I developed a shellfish allergy in my early 20's. They say your allergies change every 7 years so in my mind it was worth a try. The mussels below were truly delicious, I savored each bite.
Another good reason to beat this allergy is a new Floating Lobster Shack in NYC. Alas, my eating during the meeting was a bit off given lack of options so the jury is still out on shellfish. The good news is I these babies above and didn't die. The bad news is I had a wicked stomach ache and eczema face breakout caused by....who knows because I ate some crazy things on the trip (cheeeeeese). The big thing I learned in Boston is not being in control of your food options is frustrating as "surprise we are having Lasagna for lunch" doesn't really fit with how I have been eating.
Back in town after 5 rest days (with some walking), I hit the Crossfit box twice this week for two very tough workouts.
Wednesday night was a 20 minute AMRAP (As many rounds as possible) Bear Complex. I didn't know what a Bear Complex was going in but I quickly found out. It's a complex of movements listed below, each complex counts as one rep and you do 3 reps per round with a partner
Clean - Front Squat - Push Press - Back Squat - Push Press
It was an exhausting but fun workout, I am a huge fan of workouts like this that are weight intensive. This plays to my strengths and I finished 10 rounds.
Thursday night was a workout that did not play to my strengths. The workout was called Michael, I have a very good friend named Michael and I couldn't help but think of him as I was struggling through this workout. We haven't seen each other in quite sometime but sometime life gets busy doesn't make you less good friends.
“Michael“
Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
50 Back Extensions
50 Sit-ups
Any workout that includes running is challenging for me but 3 rounds of 800 meters is above my abilities. Running on the streets of New York is also less than ideal, the area of the gym is filled with sketchy people who are just hanging around it's also very congested I finished this workout in 30:28, it was grueling and I am sore and taking today off.
One final thought as I head in to the weekend, it has been a few weeks since I have weighed myself. I decided to change the day to Friday AM instead of the usual Saturday.
It's been 8 weeks and I am down 14 pounds and 5 inches! Wooo Hooo!




No comments:
Post a Comment