Everyone on the beach wears thongs in Rio, and I am not talking about the shoes - Edwin Polanco (A classmate I went to business school with)
Sipping some Coconut Water
I Interupt the regular crossfit and food photos to bring you some adventure. Most of the posts over the next 2 weeks will be geared toward the happier section. Stronger and healthier are taking a break while I relax on the beach and sample the local beverages.


Our hotel is a lovely b&b close to the beach. Breakfast consists of eggs, fruit and coffee so all the essentials are covered. It also has other breads and cheeses and some yogurt but unlike pre whole30 I'm not interested. Before leaving the states multiple people told me how dangerous rio is but also how paleo friendly South America is in general. This second half of that sentence has definitely been true. There is no shortage of delicious protein, there is not however many veggies. The meat here comes with a side of rice and fries. Interesting. Other food highlights include delicious coconut water, tapas where each plate Is more yummy then the next and a restaurant that charged us to transfer tables....tourist mistake/trap #1. Service is included in Rio and it shows, waitstaff don't
Rush and rarely go above and beyond.

The beach in rio is beautiful, full of speedos and thongs. Not the flip flop kind. There seem to be far less body issues here as everyone wears a bikini and if it's not a thong, they feel free to make it one. The beach on the weekend is jam packed with people. My travel companion is not a big beach person so I'm flying solo today, there are few better ways to spend a Monday than
Similar to Asia, two white girls definitely garner attention. At the Christo Redentor statue, an older Latin gentleman thought I was French, not sure whether that is a compliment. Regardless we started chatting in English he insisted on getting us the best picture with Christo, he cleared the way by telling everyone we were Jane Fonda's daughters. We definitely got a lot of attention after that including being interviewed by a local paper. If only I knew more about Jane Fonda the lie probably would have continued.
In terms of a destination Rio ranks high for relaxing, food, and friendliness of locals. It is day 3 of the journey and I am completely stress free, my biggest concern is when to have my next beverage.
No comments:
Post a Comment