Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Whole30 - Day One

In the past diets have always started on a Monday for me.  Monday just always seemed like a day to hit the reset button, after a long weekend of eating and drinking anything and everything.  Similar to the past I woke up with excitement for what lay ahead.  I agreed to start the Whole30 on a Monday because I am doing it with a friend and we thought no time like the present but wanted to enjoy one last weekend.  I always have my highest motivation and willpower at the very beginning (who doesn't?).  With the food I prepared last night, I packed my lunch to bring to work. This luckily is not a new activity as even though we have a cafeteria at work I have always been a bring food from home type of person.



What was new was preparing breakfast before work.  On the menu today was chicken sausage, eggs and of course vegetables which is new to me.  I am typically a rush to get out the door grab an oatmeal at work eaten at my desk type of person.  Part of the Whole30 for me is prioritizing my needs, so if breakfast needed to get cooked it just meant hitting the snooze button one less time in order to have enough time for that.  In all honesty that is probably a harder task than not drinking for 30 days but I managed.  

By lunch time I was really starting to get in the groove of this eating.  I had drank my coffee black with cinnamon (was actually tasty) and was about to sit through a lunch and learn at work with my delicious food I prepared.  Often times when I bring lunch from home people eye me like an exotic animal who has more time than them to cook and prepare.  I moved in to a new apartment last year with a larger kitchen (large for New York City) so I have tried to embrace cooking more.

After work I went to Crossfit Elements class 5 which it's hard to believe it's the second to last on boarding class.  I will write a separate post about the whole Crossfit experience, but I have definitely learned so much from my classmates and coach I am almost sad and of course scared for it to end because then I have to take actual classes not the on ramp basic classes I have been taking.

With the whole day of healthiness complete, I cooked a yummy dinner of Salmon and Sprouts and headed to bed shortly after.  Day one seemed easier than I thought it would be, let's see how I feel on day 10 or day 16.     







No comments:

Post a Comment