Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Get Excited it's Day 10

10 days in or 33.3% complete.  The guide calls day 10 & 11 "The Hardest Days."  I just spent the last 15 minutes reading an article called So Much Shake Shack on Thrillist and then promptly moved on to 10 things you didn't know about the Black and White cookie.  If day 10 is supposed to be the hardest, I am off to a rocky start. 

Week 2 with the exception of my torture reading this morning is however off to a good start.  I took my second real crossfit class on Monday night and survived.  It was called CMC Pit Practice, to think that this is what people who are doing the military combine do for warm up makes me concerned for them but in general it was a good quick workout.  After continuously running through the routine for 5 minutes, finding myself facing an 800m run was daunting but I finished the workout, and moved on with my night feeling accomplished.

5 Min AMRAP
5 G2OH 75/45
7 Burpee Over Box 20″
9 KBS 20/12
800m run

The eating has been a little more turn key this week as I have started to find things that are my go to options. I made some sauteed cauliflower, burgers and local chicken sausage for the main meals this week.  Planning really is everything with this process.


My wonderful chopping skills


I have had two major willpower challenges and it is only Wednesday.

#1

We celebrate each person's birthday in the innovation at work,  I am the backup person for setting up the birthday events.  The main person had an appointment so I was responsible for decorations and of course the cookies.  Having this tray on my desk for 15 minutes was definitely a test of the willpower and dedication to the Whole30.  In the past, I definitely would have had at least 3 of these at a birthday celebrations.  I ate half an Avocado as this tray sat next to me prior to the surprise celebration for my coworker.

Excuse my messy desk 

#2

Tuesday, I met up with my sister and aunt at Naples45 for dinner before the show we were seeing.  Naples45 is a delicious pizza place that also serves pasta and appetizers.  The whole place smelled delicious this would definitely be a test of willpower.  I worked my way through the menu and ordered a salad that came with Chicken, Lettuce, Nuts, Tomatoes & Apples.  It was easier than I thought to make this choice, and as long as I focused on my salad with Italian Olive Oil, it made it easier to resist the Cosmos and Risotto Balls my companions were enjoying.  I am not by any means saying that it was easy to avoid the bread when it arrived or the chocolate cake for my sister's birthday but it was easier than I thought it would be and I did it so that felt great.

My sister enjoying a slice of birthday cake.

Dinner was followed by a show called The Realistic Joneses. it had a lot of star power with Michael C. Hall, Marisa Tomei, Toni Colletti and Tracy Letts (from Homeland) but that was all it had. The picture below of a dead squirrel describes the show quite well.  Definitely pass on it.



Only 20 more days to go.





1 comment: