“It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It's what we do consistently.” ― Anthony Robbins
In addition to back squatting on Monday, Tuesday's workout was another challenging workout that I scaled down a bit with V-ups and box pushups but I am proud to say I did the RX (prescribed amount) for the kettlebell swing. V-ups are when you lay on the floor tighten your butt and stomach and bring your arms and legs to meet each other. I did 10 rounds of the below exercise, it was very a complete sweatfest. I am usually disappointed when there isn't a Barbell component to the workout as the strength is my favorite part, however body workouts like this are effective for fat loss so bring them on.
20 min AMRAP:
5 Toes to Bar
10 Push Ups
15 Russian Kettlebell Swings (32/24 kg)
The final workout of the week was Deadlifting, Box Jumps and Running. One of these things is not like the others, one of these things doesn't belong. Yes Running is what I am referring to. I know it's mind of matter, I know it gets better the more you do it but it is still very challenging for me and when it alternates with other things I will 100% be the last person to finish the workout.
A. Deadlifts: Work up to a heavy double in 8 minutes.
B. For time:
800 m Run
21 Deadlifts*
400 m Run
50 Box Jumps
400 m Run
21 Deadlifts*
800 m Run
*Deadlift weight based on percentage of 1 RM – 65% or less
There was a max time of 26 minutes for the workout above, I finished it in 31 minutes, it was 95 degrees out and running on the streets of NY really took everything I had. I wouldn't even say I am competing with the other people in my class I would say I am just jealous of their running abilities. I want to be gazelle like in my runs not corgy like as I feel right now. The only way to do that is of course run more, which I am not rushing to do.
Many of the regulars who take the 6pm class skipped out on this workout. I attribute that to the ability to cancel 1 hour before class and the fact that they post the workouts ahead of time. This was a tough workout and if I had already worked out Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I would have skipped it. That not being the case I found myself one of three women in the class who was about to enjoy some deadlifting and suffer through the running. Last time we deadlifted I had a lot of pain in my lower back the next day, indicating that I was not keeping form (doing it wrong). I blogged about that workout previously it was the one with conditioning deadlifts which I don't plan to do in the near future. Last night I kept perfect form after we did some pvc pipe practice and balancing which really helped to show where some of my issues were coming from. Unfortunately deadlifting is also impacted by my tight hips. I am going to try and incorporate some walking this coming weekend to try and loosen up the hips a bit.

.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment