"Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did." - Newt Gingrich
This week marks the first week since the whole30 that I haven't lost weight.
I could make a statement like, I have been working out a lot and muscle weighs more than fat so that's why. However, the real reason can be attributed to a few things, the fourth of July carb fest and more likely alcohol.
Dating in NYC unfortunately equals meeting for drinks and I have been doing that quite a bit. Add to dating, socializing with friends and what was supposed to be a max 4 drinks a week sometimes ends up being 4 drinks in a night. I have been enjoying myself quite a bit, however it's time to scale back a bit. Below a friend and I were celebrating a co-workers birthday, another friend was late and brought a pineapple as a gift/sorry. It allowed for many funny photos throughout the night.
The goal this coming week will be to have more days sober than with alcohol. In addition to drinking more club soda and less wine, I did a prep day this week to set myself up for success. My eating has been good for the most part but summer definitely brings more temptations to eat out and deviate from healthy eating. Below are some kitchen action shots of the food I prepped for the week, the cast iron pan was very busy.
I have changed over to all glass containers since I am always re-heating food up. If you read even one article about microwaving plastic it convinces you glass is better. From right to left, Hamburgers, Grilled Zucchini and Chophouse seasoned Pork Chop.
Homemade Breakfast Sausage - back to basics this week. I was using the applegate farms sausage which is processed but low in sugar I think it has too much sodium so I am back to making my own.
Grass Fed Sirloin which I use for 3 meals, and is one of my absolute favorites. I use the Chophouse spice for this as well, sear it on both slides for 2 minutes and then finish it in the oven at 375 degrees.
Less Wine, More Water, Interval run/walking in the AM at least 2 days before work and of course healthy eating is the plan for this week. Looking forward to a loss at the end.




No comments:
Post a Comment