"The pain that you've been feeling, can’t compare to the joy that’s coming." -Romans 8:18
The quote above represents how I feel right now. I had a brutal workout last night 3 rounds of Rowing 500m, 25 Thrusters & 15 Pullups. I left the Crossfit box feeling tired, defeated and a tiny bit nauseous. However, stepping on the scale this AM, I am down another pound! I am thrilled to write this sentence because, I made some changes this week and they paid off. I am officially 17 pounds down in 3 months. Averaging 1.4 pound loss per week for those in to fun math.
Gif Credit to Buzz Feed Mega List of dancing GIFS
So what was difference this week from the week before when I didn't lose? I fully attribute my better results to less drinking. Below is an excerpt from an article I read last weekend. I have read a lot on this subject, and unfortunately as much as I want to deny it and pretend it's not true drinking does effect results.
"Alcohol can affect the amount that your body can burn. A study found that consuming 24 g of alcohol could decrease your body's whole body lipid oxidation or ability to burn fat by a staggering 73 percent. When alcohol passes the liver, it produces a by-product called Acetate, which inhibits fat burning capabilities of the body. This means that if you drink alcohol constantly, the fat burning processes in your body take a back seat. This results in more fat stored in your body, which can significantly increase your weight." -www.fitday.com
This past week as I reflect on my eating, nothing was different from prior weeks (with the exception of July 4th) but I did limit my drinks to 3 Sunday - Thursday. While I don't know if every week can be this successful, I didn't feel like I was missing out on drinking this week but it's summer and there will be more opportunities to drink as the weeks go on. However, I want to be able to enjoy the weekend and socialize while drinking which is a big part of NYC and not "waste" all my alcohol drinking during the week.
Part of my less drinking Sunday through Thursday strategy involves spending more time at the gym. There were some brutal workouts this week and as I sit here on Friday I am extremely sore and looking forward to massage day tomorrow with a friend. I am also reflecting on how hard I am working at the gym do I want to prevent results by pouring some alcohol on that hard work....
Not me obviously but putting little plates under my feet has increased my squat depth similar to what is shown above.
Another notable part of the workouts this week included some Handstand skill work. There are many things about working out that aren't a strength (Burpees, Running...etc) that I am working on but I will say that I have a general fear of Handstands. Will need to build up to inversion I suppose, it wasn't something I was in to in yoga either.
I have a busy week this coming week, and will be attempting morning workouts. More on that later. Are you a morning or evening workout person?


No comments:
Post a Comment