“Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.”
― Dalai Lama XIV
I lost 1.5 pounds this week for a total of 18.5 pounds down. I am overjoyed with the results this week as I made conscious decisions to balance fun and health and actually didn't over think it. Below are some highlights of this truly fabulous week.
Last Friday Ana and I did some further testing of my previous shellfish allergy. We did this very important test at the famous Grand Central Oyster.
Oysters used to be one of my favorite foods, I can now add them back to the list.
Lobster is something I have long written off with the allergy but in new news, it is able to be consumed. I can't say it's one of my favorite things but it's delicious on occasion
Happiness is eating shellfish in the summer!
.Since Friday was such a success, I planned an outing for these lovely ladies on the North River Lobster Boat, details here http://www.northriverlobsterco.com/ for those in the NYC area. The food is a bit overpriced, but the drinks are delicious, the boat actually leaves the dock and the playlist is from the late 90's (the music and friendship were definitely the highlights). I highly recommend this boat, but get there early as it gets crowded.
On the way home from the boat we ran in to a giant cardboard instagram, my favorite social media site http://instagram.com/k_roses. Nicole and I felt the need to participate in this on the street activity. The guy took about 25 photos of us it was very glamorous.
After my fun weekend with friends, I did a cook day prep. It's been awhile since I have done a large prep for the week, but I am getting so close to officially losing 20 pounds and I was anticipating a very busy week at work and after work. I thought prepping some veggies and proteins to have for meals would be helpful.
Artsy Eggplant? I try to incorporate a new veggie or protein each week on top of the basics. This week I sauteed some eggplant in oil. It was a good second veggie for meals on top of zucchini and mushrooms. I have upped my veggie intake and am currently eating about 3 cups of veggies for lunch to stay full at work.
Another fun addition this week was Mahi Mahi. I bought Wild frozen filets and almost forgot that I bought them until I opened the freezer last night. I baked the filet with chophouse seasoning in tinfoil with some olive oil. It came out flakey and delicious, I put it over some veggies I had on hand.
Outside of the prep day, as I reflect on the week other success factors were:
- Less alcohol, I actually went to a happy hour didn't drink and went to the gym afterwards.
- More water, I have increased my water intake to 98oz a day.
- Less Crossfit? Just kidding, while this post is more about NYC, Food and Friends I still lifted this week and have seen amazing improvement on my front squat depth and got a personal record on my Deadlift 133# wooo hooo!
The above is spot on, people have started to notice and it feels unexpected and amazing. Now bring on the weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment