Wednesday, May 14, 2014

80% of the way there....Day 24

I went to a humbling Crossfit class tonight, I am not sure I will ever get used to the running but it's part of the programing.  The other members of the class were very motivating and supportive as I eeeked out each of the reps and not that I am competitive but I didn't come in last.

3x for Time
800m Run
20 Toes to Bar
21 Deadlifts

Today is day 24, and I can honestly say that I am at a trying point in the whole30 timeline.    Perhaps it was the fact that I forgot my food at home today for a conference, so I had a very late lunch or that it took me 90 minutes to get home from the gym as this guy was in town and I was stuck on Park Avenue waiting for him to pass.  As it's almost bed time, there are officially 6 days left in the official whole30.


Whatever the reason at this point, I have placed the process on auto pilot for my own safety to not ruin the 23/24 days of willpower and hard work.  As I prepped dinner tonight, I just wasn't in the mood to eat any of the food I had in the fridge but also didn't have a strong craving for anything off limits.  I just plain wasn't in to food which is a strange feeling because I am usually craving something.  I tried to jazz up the burger I was making by mixing grilled onions in to the meat to drive deliciousness. It mildly worked, and for now the eating portion of the day is over so I get to check off another completed day.




A few things that I am thinking about to keep the motivation going for the Whole30:

1. My eczema has become non-existent
2. Pants that I purchased late last year, are very loose.
3. Bacon is still extremely delicious and there is a pound in the fridge that needs to be cooked.
4. I feel the food I am eating is making me strong for the workouts I am doing, which have been brutal.
5. In 6 days while some things will stay the same, the Whole30 will officially be over.







1 comment:

  1. #fuckingobama
    Sounds like yesterday would have been a good day to walk home ;P
    Good job on everything else! Hang in there! Love reading those awesome motivating results.

    ReplyDelete