This is my fourth Friday in a row hitting the gym after work. I am hoping this momentum keeps up as I enjoy the pre-happy hour crowd on Friday nights. There is a certain determination and personality that gets a workout in before going out, I definitely like the vibe better than the weeknights. After class I met up with a girlfriend who I hadn't seen in awhile, giving me a fun reward after all the hard work.
Tonight's Crossfit workout was Cindy which I believe we did during Elements but I for sure blocked out. You can see her in all her glory below, along with a fun stick figure working it. I arrived at the gym early so watched the class before me finish Cindy, it was inspiring to watch people pushing themselves.
During Elements I remember doing 4 rounds during the time, but I think we only did it for 10 minutes, but again it's hazy. Tonight I did 7 rounds + 5 pull ups. Before you get so amazed you fall off your chair, as I have mentioned earlier Crossfit is extremely scale-able so I did jump pull ups, physically exhausting but they pale in comparison to the real thing. I am content with them for now as I build up strength.
In addition to scaling, this is also where you remind yourself that you are only competing against yourself as at the end of class everyone shouts out their score and many people were 20+ with one guy at 27 rounds. I am in awe of these people but also thrilled that I did 7 rounds because it was physically draining and I am only 6 weeks in to Crossfit.
I was dripping sweat after the workout if every class was Cindy I would definitely want a refund. I will say that no matter what type of exercise you do it is hard to be sad or mad after a workout, it's virtually impossible. At the end of the workout, Joe the coach took time to do some great stretching and relaxation exercises to bring you down from the high stress and then it was off to another alcohol free Friday of fun!
It's the end of day 26 of the Whole30, I was struggling for sure on day 24 but I am still in it to win it and staying strong. I have started to think about re-introduction and planning out what foods I will introduce and in what order. More on that in another post.




No comments:
Post a Comment