Monday, May 12, 2014

Week 4 Prep, 73% of the way there

"Failing to plan is planning to fail." - Alan Lakein

It is Monday, day 22.  I have 9 days left of the official Whole30 restriction process and then reintroduction starts of some old friends.  When asked, I usually say that I will reintroduce wine first but I am guessing it will be a game time decision.

I had the pleasure of hosting brunch at my apartment for the mothers in my life.  Usually it's just the five of us, but my grandparents and my sister's boyfriend joined us which was nice because they have never been to the apartment.  I love hosting and brunch is my favorite meal so all in all a great Sunday.  As I was the host to people not doing a Whole30, I served pancakes, croissants, eggs cooked in delicious butter and cured bacon.  My guests enjoyed the meal and I ate eggs not cooked in butter and uncured no sugar bacon with fruit (that the guests also ate).  I also served mimosas, which are my favorite.  In the past at a brunch at the apartment we would finish 2+ bottles, today we barely got through 1....interesting.  Below my grandparents enjoyed the wonderful view of the 31st floor.



After my family left, I made a quick trip to The Loft, where I picked up some t-shirts for the gym and two work dresses that looked in the words of my friend Amy AMAZING so how could I not buy them.  Luckily, The Loft is ALWAYS having a sale so it was affordable.




After the shopping, I quickly came home to whip up week 4 food so that I can be prepared to continue the healthy eating and stick to the Whole30.  Honestly, for anyone considering dabbling in this type of thing planning is literally everything, being caught hungry without food available is not only a bummer but it makes you beyond hangry.

Week 4 prep consisted of:

Slaying a giant sweet potato, my knife skills clearly still need work


One never gets tired of Cast Iron Bacon Brussels



Hard Boiled Eggs back by popular demand, if you have a tip other than ice water on how to peel them easier, leave it in the comments....I am begging you.


I also have gotten in the habit of freezing bacon grease, for a girl who used to not even eat pork...things have changed quite a bit.  The Nicks mason jars from IU come in very handy for this activity.  



Finally, new this week I made my own breakfast sausage with ground pork.  One of the things I keep reading is about boredom, not allowing this to process to get boring has been a key focus so I have been experimenting with new things. I haven't tried it yet but I hope it's as delicious as it smelled while making it.  I got it off the the http://goodfoodforbadcooks.com/ website which I joined when I first started the whole30.



I am looking forward to week 4 in a strange way, I thought I would be in a "more of the same" type of mood but I am in an "I got this" type mood.






No comments:

Post a Comment