I am really getting the hang of the whole cooking thing and it's even becoming something I look forward to. I reserve the afternoon on Sunday to cook a lot of the meal components I will use during the week. This is becoming a fun
I may need to invest in some non-IU aprons.
One of the new items on the menu this week is a whole chicken. Very simply made by cutting a lemon in half putting that and some Rosemary inside the chicken. Shaking some French Onion spice on the chicken. I cut up some carrots and onions coarsely (my specialty as my chopping skills need work) and placed them in the pan. I cooked the chicken for 80 minutes, it was delicious.
In addition to the chicken, I made some roasted acorn squash. I love roasted vegetables, and I am always looking at a way to get more veggie carbs in.
Step 1, figure out how to cut this vegetable
Step 2, hmmm this has seeds in it
Step 3: Managed to cut this in to pretty uniform chunks and added some coconut oil
I also brought back the homemade sausage from last week, it has turned out to be a good breakfast item to help keep me full through lunch. I made them with Rosemary and onions this week, excited to see how they taste.
It's hard to believe that today is Day 28, I am 93% of the way to 30 days. As a preview to my 30 day wrap up, it's amazing how much you can learn and your mindset can change in 30 days.





No comments:
Post a Comment