Each day this week was a different lift and I worked out with a wide range of women who I would describe as supportive and strong.
Day 1 - Back Squat. This is a great lift but one of my weaknesses as I sit all day at work and as much as I try to actively stretch I always fall short in effort in this area. Squatting is such a great exercise that I am working on my mobility through stretching in a variety different ways. I also bought this little gadget which I also refer to as a torture device. I find myself foam rolling in front of the tv, I hope my neighbors don't mind the yelps of agony as I hit my extremely tight IT Bands.
Day 2 - Strict Press. 6 classes of Elements, I gotta be honest I had no idea what this was prior to class. I met two really chill ladies who showed me the ropes. This is not a heavy weight exercise and you are basically just pushing a barbell over your head and locking your arms. Seemed simple enough, however repetitively as you add even a little bit of weight it gets ridiculously hard.
Day 3 - Deadlift. This lift is definitely one of the scarier ones. Men and Women were putting up some serious weight on this lift under the thought of your legs are the strongest part of your body. I probably could have gone heavier on this lift but maxed out at a weight I felt comfortable with as this lift makes me nervous and is very technical. One of my major goals in being new to crossfit is to remain injury free.
Three days a week has been my max for the crossfit gym, I have been balancing that with walking and of course experimenting with the Whole30. This week I made an exception and went 4 days. The 4th workout on Friday I did with my friend from elements, I can't think of a better way to end the week than with 150 squats, hmmm and I am not drinking I think I need to evaluate my current life choices.
A. Hang Power Clean 3-3-3-3-3
B. 3 Rounds, with a partner:
100 Squats
14 Strict Pullups
20 Hang Power Clean (135#/95#)
***I had such a great week at CrossfitNYC this week that I officially decided to end my relationship with New York Sports Club (NYSC). Our breakup comes at a great time as summer is approaching and I always go there less anyway but I think it's the right decision as I am having fun and actually enjoying working out. I suppose some might say I am joining the cult.



No comments:
Post a Comment