Today is Day 21 - Whole30 is officially a habit. Week three was another success with the challenges becoming less challenging. I socialized a bit more this week, enjoying some delicious club soda on a few occasions. Shout out to all of my wonderful friends who are being super understanding as I work through these 30 days.
The third week highlights were:
New breakfast: Hard boiled eggs with avocado and spinach for breakfast which was a nice change from cooking every morning and something I might carry over to week 4.
Seared Scallops were on the menu this week. They were delicious but you need to be careful not to over cook them, I am glad there were enough for two meals so I could have a second try and not rubberize them.
I also went on a date, I didn't think a 100% sober date would be ideal and considered cancelling but I went and it was actually fun. The guy was super sweet about the whole weird eating and drinking business and it showed me that my personality is on it's game even without booze.
Bacon continues to make everything better. I found this sugar free uncured bacon at Whole Foods and it is yummy and I want to wrap everything in it.
I had a few down days this week, it can be frustrating to not just be able to eat anything you want on the run and also have to plan everything and be strict. I came home on Friday night to a care package from my friend Allison in Chicago. The amount of goodies in this package shows that Allison is legit awesome and has really out done herself. She dried a bunch of fruit and by a bunch I think 9 pounds and sent me some delicious bags of it. I was so excited to get it I arranged all the items for a picture, promptly started putting some stats in the composition book like I was back in school and took some measurements with the tape measure. Thank you Allison!
9 more days till I can reintroduce some goodies aka WINE, you never know maybe I won't want to after 30 days of being so strict. .
No comments:
Post a Comment